Sunday, April 8, 2007

Put your records on
Happy Easter, everyone!

Thank you for your comments on my last post, I so appreciate them.

I'm feeling more like myself again, thanks mostly to the joy (and chaos!) of children that I've experienced over the weekend. Corinne Bailey Rae is one of my favourite artists right now, and her song "Put your records on" is really fun. It always helps me feel better when I'm down, and makes me feel like I can do *anything*, which is helpful especially before exams! So, I'm sharing this message with you. The quote on the picture is the first couple of lines of the song. I found these clip-on birds at the dollar store and thought they were cute!

I got some really great shots of the kids over the weekend, but because they model I can't share them (it's in their contract). Their mom and dad love the pictures though, much better than their modelling pictures since this is real life! I'm sharing a couple of non-face shots though, they said that was fine. Not the best, but I still like them. Also a 100% crop of an eye, I think it looks pretty good for ISO 800.. sort of looks weird here, maybe because of resizing.. We decorated Easter eggs, which was so much fun but of course their hands were all stained. That's the fun of it though, right? Getting to do things that aren't part of the everyday. And to just enjoy being a kid. That's what they're best at, I find! :)

I hope everyone had a great Easter!




13 comments:

Angela said...

Glad to hear you are having a better day today!

I love that song! I also really like "Like A Star".

Great photos! Especially love the Chick clips!

Meghan said...

And a happy Easter to you!

(I, too, love the chick clips photo.)

aboutimage said...

Glad to see you back and feeling better.

I don't know that song :( I'll have to download it :)

I hope you enjoyed your Easter.

Christie said...

that is a great song! isn't it funny how music can really affect your mood?! it's like positive self talk.

i love your detail shots here and the little birds is so cute! you have serious creativity, ellen.

happy easter to you too!

Lulu said...

Aww, how cute! Shame about not sharing but I'm sure they're beautiful. :)
Hope you had a good Easter Miss Ellen. :)

willowonthewater.com said...

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your weekend. You know, there must be few other SLP programs in the states where the weather would be a little better than Buffalo (no offense Buffalo residents). Sometimes a dramatic change is wonderful. Just a thought. :o)

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear your having a better day! Children tend to cheer us up a lot! Great pics so fresh and fun love the colors!!

Rebekah said...

I love these ones! The first is so cute, and I can tell you got some great pictures of the kids just from the ones you posted. Happy Easter!

Amy (3 Peas) said...

I *LOVE* that song- your pictures is perfect for it! :)
I love the candids- very cute :)

Megan said...

First time visting your blog..found through the comment you left on my blog.

Love your shots..so fun..and I love the color!

I'll be back :)

Becca said...

Glad to hear you are having a better day!
I love the chicks in the window!! Your photos are always so bright and vibrant and fun!

Ellen said...

Thanks guys! You're the best, seriously.

Yes, the weather could be better than Buffalo. I'm hoping I'll at least get some snowdays :)

I'm glad some of you still think I'm creative.. I think I'm so boring! haha

The Mack's said...

I love the crispness of these photos. Great color too!!

Brooke