Thursday, April 12, 2007

In the closet
My dog, that is. It's her favourite spot to sleep. I don't think you've met her yet, so here she is, Sasha! My baby, I got her for my 10th birthday. She chased me around biting my toes and fingers for months, and then she got lazy. Now she sleeps 90% of the time and begs for cheese the other 10%. She really is a beautiful dog, although she looks quite scruffy in these pictures. She's going for a bath tomorrow, so I'll post some calendar-dog portraits soon. But this is real life. Sasha in the closet. If you wake her up too early in the morning to take her for a walk, you get an angry look and then a downright refusal. She can pull her head right out of her collar if you try to pull her with the leash. Some days she doesn't get up until 1pm! She's stubborn, frustrating, and usually aloof, but we all love her anyway.


Here's a reflection of me taking a picture from outside in my pj's.. It's the only way to get even a bit of light into the closet. This dog gets mad when I get out the camera, and then refuses to look at me. I'm still dreaming of catchlights in her eyes lol...


I made a few changes around the blog today. New header (the garlic was just a filler, although I really do love garlic), new music (I'll update the song pretty often, you can of course pause it if you prefer!), and I finally got rid of that ugly blogger bar at the top. Can you tell I have lots of schoolwork to do? Lol.. There's no better way to procrastinate ;)

Finally, a picture that goes with my new header. I love lemons, tomatoes, and these shoes. So I thought I should take pictures of them. The tomatoes look weird somehow, I'm not sure what happened to them. But I'm still loving these... I figure if I can't wear the shoes (since it's still -5 here) I'd might as well photograph them! I've eaten the tomatoes and the lemon, but at least I've got this to remember them by.


Thanks for stopping by, everyone. You're all awesome. A shout out to Lulu today, hang in there girl, I'm thinking of you... You'll do great. Love you!

11 comments:

AmyC said...

Oh, Ellen, I'm loving the new header! The color is fantastic!

I couldn't help but LOL at your dog getting mad at you for pulling out the camera! Sounds just like my girls!

Cute pictures! I love that you got one of you in the mirror taking a picture of the dog! :-)

Danna said...

Love the new look. I really really like this shot. Very simple and artistic. Reminds me that sometimes the simplest things make the best images.

Jennifer said...

I love your blog and I love your new header and the music! Great pics love the black and white version of your reflection and the dog! I love those shoes they are awesome! You rock girl!!!

Lulu said...

I Love the new header Ellen! Love it. :) Thanks for thinking of me, you know how it went...not so bad. Those are the coolest shoes, very me. We are just TOO alike!

Love the first one, and your reflection in 2 as well. Nice music, I like JJ too!!! ~ Lulu

Tanya said...

Fantastic header!!! Me needs those shoes, lol!

Meghan said...

I love the new header, and it's sister photo with Lemon and Tomatoes.

Amy (3 Peas) said...

LOVE the new header.
Your dog cracks me up- what a lucky life she leads! lol :)

Rebekah said...

I love your new header - awesome shoes! Your dog is too cute... mine does the same thing when the camera comes out, and the only thing that works is cheese! LOL :)

Christie said...

ellen, you're cracking me up with your dog! you know what, you may not have kids yet but your dog is giving you a good idea of what it's going to be like trying to photograph your own children, LMBO! they will get mad at you for getting your camera out and run screaming from you.

In-Focus said...

What a great, random collection of shots...

And my daughter would LOVE those shoes!

Angie Penrose said...

I absolutely love this photo!