Thursday, April 5, 2007

Ellen and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
Ugh. I have *nothing* cheery to say today. At all. Sorry to be such a downer lately guys, thanks for still visiting.

I'm applying for master's degree programs for next year, for speech-language pathology. I thought I had a pretty good chance of getting in, but apparently all the other applicants are robots who do nothing but study... I found out yesterday and today that I've been rejected from ALL the Canadian schools. I did get into one in Buffalo, NY, which is the silver lining and I'm happy about that. But for now I'm also just really disappointed so I need to vent. I hope you know that feeling...

I'm seriously thankful though that I'm in somewhere. I so feel for my friends who are still waiting to find out, or who have been rejected almost everywhere. If I could do anything to get them in I would. I'd even give up my spot if that would work. But it won't. So I'm really really hoping they get some good news soon! Hang in there, guys.

Oh, and I missed the subway and the bus on the way to school. And I dropped my waterbottle and dented it, forgot to bring the book I needed, and realized that I'm way more broke than I thought lol.

And there you have it. A SUCKY day in pizzaville.

On a completely different note: wtF is this white stuff doing on my fresh spring plants? Hello? It's April. Get out of here.

I'll be away from the computer (sob!) until Sunday because I'm babysitting for the weekend. I may have some internet access, but no photo uploading or photoshop. So I'll see you all on Sunday. Have a great weekend, and congratulations if you made it through this post! If you did you get a sticker (it's invisible)!! :D

8 comments:

A Thousand Words Photography said...

Chin up dear!

Buffalo has great schools, and there's loads to do (both in the States and Canada)! I grew up about an hour from Buffalo (Rochester).

Jennifer said...

oh, I'm sorry you had a bad day, I have those days where it seems to never stop or end! And I can feel the pain and the mood in your photo! Wish you a better weekend and a better week next week!

aboutimage said...

Sorry to hear about your day and the disappointment from all the Canadian schools.

I hope you have a better weekend and I'll be around on Sunday looking for you

In-Focus said...

Sorry to hear about your disappointing news. I remember how disappointed my little brother was when he wasn't accepted at MIT, even though he was accepted at every other school to which he applied. The competition out there is tough.

A lot of our spring plants and flowers took a hit this week, too. Happens every year...

Christie said...

ellen, i'm so sorry to hear this! it sounds like you're having a really hard time. :(

my family is from ny and it really is a great place. maybe you will grow to love it!

that's so cool that you want to go into speech pathology! my middle ds has speech issues and i know i don't really *know* you but from reading here, you seem like a really cool, friendly person. one that i'm sure kids will love!

i hope your white stuff is gone soon too.

good luck, ellen!

Amy (3 Peas) said...

sorry to hear you had a bad day :(
I'm a big believer in timing and perhaps Buffalo is where you are suppose to be next! :)
Congrats on moving forward in your degree! I just finished my Masters this summer (in Education) :)

Katie said...

Oh man, Ellen, I'm sorry to hear about your bad day! I hope you are feeling better. :)

Ellen said...

Thanks everyone. This was a totally whiney, self-indulgant post. Thank you for your kind words, I love you all!