Sunday, April 1, 2007

Just Nothing
I don't have much to say today. Or post. I've been having a very normal couple of days, which I guess when it comes down to it is a good thing. No disasters. It's April, though! I'll take my last undergraduate exam this month, go to my last class at this university, and probably see a lot of people for the last time. Pretty crazy since I feel like I just started high school.

I want to send out a big *thank you* to everyone who visits here. I don't think I say much of anything worthwhile, but I'm really glad you stop by! I get so excited every time I see a new comment, it's pathetic lol.

These shots are just from my backyard this afternoon. I wanted to see if I was making up the better sharpness of my 30mm over my 50mm. I really don't think I was, all these shots (with the 30!) were sharp (i.e. sharper than the images from the last post which were with the 50). So, here you go. An earring hanging in a hedge, and a very early-90's glass object on a fence. I added some grain to the earring shot, just testing it out...

If you ever have CC on any of my posts, please feel free to give it. I'm not posting my photos anywhere else right now.

Oh, and if you're ever bored: Check out the live stream from Nkorho at Africam. It's so cool, a 24-hour live feed of a watering hole in Africa. I saw a whole family of giraffes there a while ago, and a herd of weird looking animals yesterday. Just click on "Nkorho Stream" near the top left. Just don't hunt me down if you get addicted. Once you start it's hard to stop...


7 comments:

aboutimage said...

They look sharpe to me :)

Great website. I haven't seen anything yet but I'm watching

Lulu said...

Nice! I really like the grain you added...very vintagey kinda feel. :)
That second one has amazing dof as well. So were these with the 30 or the 50? I'll look it up in the exif...one sec! ;) Ooo, I can't...would you mind sharing?

Thanks for thinking of me whilst you were cooking btw. I like to think of you as my friend far away, kinda connected even though we've never met. Maybe someday we will. Not today though (!)....going to eat chocolat! :P

Loving your blog and NOOOOO CC!

Ellen said...

Thanks, Lulu! I think of you as a friend too, actually I even mentioned you the other day (Lulu has a really cool cat.. who's Lulu? ohhh. right. haha)

These were with the 30! I'm off to edit the original post to make that more clear. I really love it. I felt soo much more comfortable shooting with it than the 50. It was like going back home. Strange that the exif wasn't there, usually I can get it off of here.

I hope you've posted some beach pictures, I'm coming over to your blog now. And I promise in real life I'm not really a stalker :)

Rebekah said...

I love that B&W one! Awesome tones and I love the grain. I will have to check out the Africam video when the sun is up over there. :) I am looking at the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 and the Canon 35mm f/2 lens and you may have convinced me to save up for this one!
Thanks for commenting on my blog, BTW. Midterms start tomorrow, but then we have an extended break for Easter and I will have more time to catch up on everyone's blogs!

Jennifer said...

I love the 1st shot very abstract great tones, very interesting!

Amy (3 Peas) said...

Great DOF! Is that 2nd one a paperweight?

Ellen said...

Thanks for responding to my boring post, guys. You're awesome.

Amy yeah I guess it's a paperweight. We've never used it for that though haha.. It just sits in various parts of my house and we all wonder why it's there.