Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Godspeed, Bruce.
I found out today that a man in my group at a place I volunteer died over the weekend. He wasn't in the best health, but he was there every week and was quite the character. He always brought a full cup of coffee with him to our table, but never took a sip. He always ate his cookie though. He didn't seem to have a very high opinion of himself or his value to the world, but he really did make an impression on me and I'll always remember him. I hope he's doing well up there. Beautiful skies are always comforting I think.. Treasure life, though. It's so short.


And here's an oldie, one I found from the shoot with Pedro. Yes, he's in a roasting pan. His 6-month shoot is coming up pretty soon!


6 comments:

Jennifer said...

God be with them and you right now, great expressions and moods in your photos!!

Cyndi said...

I'm sorry about your friend, Ellen.

On another note, I can't wait to see Pedro's six month pictures!

Lulu said...

Oh, Ellen girl. :( Hugs. E-mail me if you want to talk. I am so sorry but it's lovely that you are keeping his memory going. That blue sky is beautiful - they are comforting. What you said is also true.

On the contrary, I had to laugh at the Pedro comment. Hehe, he must be crawling soon!

aboutimage said...

Hugs

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Beautiful image

Louisa said...

That's so sad. I'm sorry. What a beautiful picture though to put with your thoughts.

Christie said...

i'm sad to hear about your friend too, ellen. the shot of the blue sky really works with what you wrote.

on a happier note, you have got to stop making me laugh so HARD! Pedro, oh man, that is just too much.