Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bad photos and happy thoughts
The skies here are white, and the light is dim. So, I don't have much for you to *look* at. But keep reading, I have some good things to say! :)

1) THANK YOU to everyone who has been visiting and responding to my posts. It's so awesome to come and find comments on my snapshots that no one in "real" life could care less about. And I really love visiting all your blogs, there's so much amazing photography and inspiration. I wish I could meet all of you! And you all really motivate me to practice too, I see things and think of who I know would like them! Lol. Lame. But hey, it works.

2) I'm moving to Buffalo!! And you know what that means? I can get Victoria's Secret stuff anytime I want. And shop at Target and eat Buffalo wings all day. And, I can buy things without paying duty at the border. Like lenses. And prints! WHCC here I come! Lol. I've been thinking of this stuff in a more positive light and MAN, I'm looking forward to it. Nothing like consumerism to cheer a girl up ;)

Look! Catchlights in Sasha's eyes. The composition sucks, but check it out. You can even see me waving the cheese in her face in there (yes, Rebekah, I'm bribing her with cheese!) I'll stop down more next time to get that snout in focus. I didn't think of that at the time.


And here's a little friend of mine, trying to catch up with the older kids. I love her little pose here (and her outfit, of course). And can't we all relate to this feeling? Trying frantically to keep up with everyone else. I loved that a minute later she gave up and came and walked with me instead. We held hands and chatted while the others raced around. Then we saw a dead squirrel, and she was heartbroken... "I have some VERY SAD NEWS!!" she proclaimed to the rest of the kids. I love 3. Such a great age.

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

These are great love your dog she's adorable, beautiful eyes, great catchlight!! That is a cute pose, I love the personality of a three year old also!! So your moving to NY wow, sounds like your excited, tell us all about it when you get there!!

aboutimage said...

I love checking in here. I'm sure I get to your blog like 6 times a week or so if not 7 for sure.

I totally know how you feel about thinking of others bloggers. I do the same. I wonder how school is going for you, how someone else is doing in their move, how someone else is enjoying their new lens. :)

Congrat's on the move for school! I'd love to meet you before you go if you have the time.

Love Sasha's photo - nothing wrong with the composition. Adorable photo of the 3 year old on the bike :) Love it

Katie said...

Great catchlights in Sasha's eyes! And that is the sweetest story about the little 3yo. :)

Rebekah said...

Congrats on the move! It sounds like it will be fun. I guess there are some nice benefits to living across the border! WHCC and lenses... :D I am a fellow Canadian by the way. :) And great catchlights in Sasha's eyes! I can see the longing for cheese, LOL. I know that look well. ;)
The photo of the little girl is really cute. I love her ponytail!

Robyn said...

I know what you mean "comments on my snapshots that no one in "real" life could care less about." I feel exactly the same about comments on my blog.

Lulu said...

Call me stupid, where's Buffalo? In America? East Coast or West? I'll look it up :P I do live 3000 miles away though! :) I think I might have an excuse. Someone above said NY...hmm, New York? That means you're much much closer to me! :) And my father goes there all the time....he is planning to take us there soon!
*ignore the above if it is not anywhere near NY!*

Anyway, I just LOVE that last one! Great comp and everything. Plus Sasha is adorable. :)

I am so excited for you! Woo!

Tanya said...

You are a wonderful person and i try to visit your blog as often as I can. Your photography and wisdom is breath taking. Good luck on the move...but as a fellow cdn gal...im sorry to wave goodbye....*sniff**sniff*

In-Focus said...

What great catchlights in the doggie's eyes! That's not easy to get, either.

I had a friend in college from St. Catherine's. He used to go across the border for real Buffalo Wings all the time! Then when he attended University in Memphis, TN, he became hooked on BBQ ribs...

m.e. said...

Hey, Ellen. I've been lurking at your site for a few weeks now. Just wanted to come clean (heh) and say that your photos are AWESOME. I love, love your new blog header. That's a super shot! Happy Monday ;-)

Ellen said...

Thanks for commenting, everyone!

Jennifer, thanks. You'll definitely hear all about Buffalo. Not until August though!

Jenna, thanks! I love that you visit :) We should definitely try to meet. Toronto will still be my home though, so if it doesn't work out before August don't despair ;)

Thank you Katie!

Rebekah, I didn't know you were Canadian! Cool. Don't worry, I fully plan to live here once I'm done school. And Buffalo's not far, so it's not like I'll be stuck there for 3 years without a break. I'll just have a shipping address, perfect. Thanks for your comments!

Robyn, thanks for commenting! I'm adding you to one of my lists on the side so I don't forget to visit you. Love your work.

Lulu, you crack me up. Of course you have an excuse lol. Buffalo is in New York State in the USA. It's actually closer to Toronto than it is to New York City (about 1.5 hours vs. 7 or so). But I'll visit you in either place as long as you're on the continent :)

Tanya, thank you!! Such nice things to hear, I'm blushing :) Don't worry, I won't be sucked to the dark side forever. Just long enough to take advantage of their educational system and then come home!

Barbie, thanks! Lol about the wings and ribs. I hardly even eat meat, but I do really like buffalo sauce so I'll probably eat more there than I do here. I'll have to make it into a salad dressing or something lol!

Jen, welcome!! I'm so glad you commented. Thanks so much for the kind words and for visiting. I hope you stick around! Love you avatar. Do you have a blog?

Amy (3 Peas) said...

How exciting! Glad to read you are embracing the change :) LOVE the trike photo! :)

Angela said...

What great news! Love the dog! She is so cute. And I love the trike shot! 3 year olds are so funny!

Christie said...

ellen, congratulations on your move!

the dirty bearded pooch is so cute. i love the comp on the last one too.

are you a nanny? or babysitter? did i miss that somewhere>?

Ellen said...

Thanks, Amy, Angela, and Christie.. And yes, Christie, I'm a babysitter. That's where all these kids are coming from lol. I can't show most of their faces though unfortunately.