Friday, August 24, 2007

Hello!
Thank you so much to all of you for the sweet comments on my last post. I felt so much better after reading them, you knew exactly what to say! And while I still maintain that I'm in the middle of a funk, I am feeling more hopeful that I might actually come out of it someday. So thanks!

The past few days have been pretty boring here. Not in a bad way, just in an everyday life moving along kind of way. Oh. Well except for my sister getting sent home from her trip to France early (teenagers! *shakes head* and points and laughs), my best friend getting hired at our old high school (crazy! She'll be our old teachers' coworker now, sort of anyway), everyone I know having lice (ew. Hopefully the next post won't be a supermacro shot of my infested scalp), and lots of recent conversations with the US *dept of homeland security.* I'm a huge risk, obviously. Lol. The real issue? I entered my date of birth wrong on my visa fee form. I said I was born in March 2007. I had the homeland security officers cracking up over that one, but it's figured out. Hopefully. So to all you US dwellers, bar your windows and lock your doors, the smartest 5 month old *ever* is coming to stay.


Took one of the kids I babysit out to shop and have lunch for her birthday the other day. It was so fun to just hang out! And she got to spend her money on whatever she wanted. She got a matching purse and wallet, a skirt/shirt outfit from Old Navy, a pink belt with white skulls all over it from H&M (who designs these things? It's hilarious), and this "cell phone," filled with different colours of lip gloss. It was a great day, and the bbq pizza I had when we went for lunch was delicious. I want to get a job there as a chef just to learn the recipe.

30mm, f/1.6, 1/1600, ISO 100

Because of the new job, my friend has had to quit her babysitting job with her beloved "B." She's been working there for over 2 years and is very sad to leave. So I took some photos so they'd have something to remember each other by. Not perfect, but I love these anyway!

85mm, f/3.5, 1/250, ISO 200

85mm, f.2.8, 1/500, ISO 200

Finally, a shot that I just liked. Sort of a monochrome-ish look, something different!

exif lost in translation

Again, thanks so much for all your comments!

25 comments:

Amy (3 Peas) said...

Oh Ellen that photo of them laughing together is GORGEOUS and what a great moment :)

Lulu said...

I agree - that photo of the two of them laughing together is beautiful. To be treasured forever, I am sure! :) They look so happy together.

LOL, I always write 2007 as my birthdate by accident but trust YOU to do it on something important!?! :P You must be so excited about going to Chicago. :D Did you get my latest PM on ILP btw?

You must be the best babysitter, Ell
en. And gotta love H&M!! :)

Tiffany said...

I love your watermark, Ellen...and of course, your images!! you are a genius, for a 5 month old kid, you can write and take pictures like a pro!!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Ellen you are so much fun! I love these pics. Hey, since you are 5 months old, maybe you can come hang out with MY 5 month old...entertain him so I can comment here and not have to type one handed? haha. Love your post!

Meghan said...

An update - FINALLY! I can't stand waiting a week. Your words and pictures are like crac... I mean, inspirational to me, Ellen, and I need a fix at least every other day!

I, too, adore the shot of your friend and B laughing. I think it is perfect. :p

aboutimage said...

Perfect capture of the two laughing.

Cell phobe/lip gloss...yummy! I'm such a lipchap/gloss addict, lol.

The pink flower is verry cool! Beautilful.

...and I love the above comment

Angie Penrose said...

Ellen-love your shots! So good for a 5 month old! LOL! That is so funny. Love that last shot. Gorgeous!! Hope you're having a good weekend!

Jennifer said...

Ellen I love comingback to see some more of your work, so beautiful as always!!! Oh I hope you get that scalp cleaned, I've had to deal with stuff like that in the past, not very fun!! Hahaha wow your young!!! You sure do know how to make a person smile and laugh!

willowonthewater.com said...

Precocious doesn't begin to describe you! Five months old, huh? I never ever would have guessed. Knew you were young, but wow! Can't wait to see what you can do when you grow up ;o).

Tiarra - Little Faces Photography said...

Ellen those are beautiful as usual. Wish I had your funk. If you are still taking pictures from your online friends for your collage I thought I would send over the kitties since you laughed at that one. Where do I send it again?

Leah said...

Beautiful photos, Ellen! I seem to get those "funks" right before I grow in my photography. I bet you'll do the same thing, even though your work rocks right now!

Also...you've been TAGGED! See my blog for details.

m.e. said...

Your photos are exquisite as always, Ellen. I especially love the last one. Sorry to hear you have been in a funk. Sometimes it's really hard to de-funk, but you'll do it. And time is on your side in this endeavor since you are only 5 months old (hilarious!). Thank YOU so much for answering my questions a couple posts back. I just removed my nav bar -- yay! And I'm off to make a watermark ;-)

m.e. said...

Your photos are exquisite as always, Ellen. I especially love the last one. Sorry to hear you have been in a funk. Sometimes it's really hard to de-funk, but you'll do it. And time is on your side in this endeavor since you are only 5 months old (hilarious!). Thank YOU so much for answering my questions a couple posts back. I just removed my nav bar -- yay! And I'm off to make a watermark ;-)

m.e. said...

Your photos are exquisite as always, Ellen. I especially love the last one. Sorry to hear you have been in a funk. Sometimes it's really hard to de-funk, but you'll do it. And time is on your side in this endeavor since you are only 5 months old (hilarious!). Thank YOU so much for answering my questions a couple posts back. I just removed my nav bar -- yay! And I'm off to make a watermark ;-)

m.e. said...

Your photos are exquisite as always, Ellen. I especially love the last one. Sorry to hear you have been in a funk. Sometimes it's really hard to de-funk, but you'll do it. And time is on your side in this endeavor since you are only 5 months old (hilarious!). Thank YOU so much for answering my questions a couple posts back. I just removed my nav bar -- yay! And I'm off to make a watermark ;-)

Angela said...

lol! Thanks for the laugh!

I adore the shot of them laughing! Sweet perfection!

Lulu said...

Hey, Ellen! I'm back.
Just wanted to give you the heads-up that my blog has moved and could you pretty please update your links? Whole story is over there!

http://bloggingwithlulu.wordpress.com

Christie said...

i guess i'm in trouble then because we NEVER lock our doors at night. ellen, i'm LMAO at your 5 month old comment, you're crazy!

3 and 4 are absolutely beautiful, your friend and the girl.

seriously, how does one go about finding a babysitter as awesome as you... and your friends?

an afterthought: could you just move to california? you could be my live in nanny and we could photograph together, please!!!

Julie ( THE Queen of TyPo'S) This chic can't spell!!! said...

great real stuff1 How do you like the 30mm now?

Megan said...

Love the big toothless grin..and you had me rolling about the lice infected scalp..gross! By the way I tagged you..check my blog for details.

Julie ( THE Queen of TyPo'S) This chic can't spell!!! said...

Re-read this , and lol about the 5 monthd old comment!

Amy N. said...

I love the freshness of your images! You ROCK every one of your images. With you there really is no such thing as a sub par photo is there?! You have all aspects down in them!

sherry boles~ said...

Although they are all wonderful, the shot of the laughter is my favorite...It made me smile! :)

sherri said...

I love the one of the two of them laughing! Just perfect!

Meghan said...

Hey - you're in your new place now, aren't you?! I'm so excited to see pictures. How do you like it there? Tell us all about your new digs!