Saturday, September 1, 2007

I'm here, alive, etc.
Hi guys. I keep putting off updating because I kept hoping that the next day would bring something more exciting photography-wise. Well each tomorrow has turned into another boring today, so I figured I'd might as well stop in and let you know I'm still here! I don't want to stop blogging and I've still been stalking your blogs without commenting much. It's all just so beautiful and creative and.. Sigh. I don't know. I'm obsessing over decorating and moving and all those kinds of things right now.. I'm moving in less than two weeks (no, I'm not there yet Meghan, but there will definitely be pictures when I am) and it seems like I have everything and nothing to do, all at once. But please know that I'm still thinking of you guys and wondering what you're up to, and stalking you. I've just been avoiding commenting in the hopes that you'd think I was on some exotic vacation or something :)

Here are a few shots from my backyard on the weekend, just because I liked the colours and light. All with the 30mm 1.4, at around 1.6 or 1.8:





We took a trip down to Chicago to check out my apartment again and to sign into the country/school officially. We left Toronto at 4am (!) so I had to capture a bit of the sunrise as we drove. I hate getting up early, so this was not a good day lol. All taken out of the car window with the 85 1.8. There was so much fog and colour in the sky, if we could have actually stopped I would have gotten some great shots! And none of the others in the car (the 2 ladies I live with, like extra moms, and my best friend) would let me take a photo of them for the entire trip. Nice, huh? Haha. I'm hoping to catch my friend for some practice shots before I leave though, so watch for those (although don't hold your breath, she's been avoiding me for months..)




Thanks for visiting and for all your awesome comments on the last post! I know I've been tagged a bunch of times.. I'm having trouble coming up with 8 interesting things about myself, but I'll think about it more and post it sometime.

And if anyone has a picture that they still haven't sent me for my photo display, there's still time! ellen314@gmail.com.

18 comments:

Angie Penrose said...

I'm so glad you're alive!! I was beginning to worry. Love your work as always. I love, love the shot with the 3 trees. You should print that one. It's amazing. Hope you're doing well. :)

Donita said...

Dido Angie...I am glad you are still with us. I am excited to have you in "the states" too, soon. I also LOVE the 3 trees shot - great eye(s)!

Meghan said...

So good to hear from you, Ellen. I love the first shot, and I'm also a lover of the three three shot.

Even though things may be boring right now... I bet they're going to get exciting soon - moving to an awesome city, new people, new views. *le sigh*

Also, I may be up in the Chi-Town area the beginning of October...

Meghan said...

Three TREE, that is. I'm drunk this morning.

Louise said...

Ellen! I thought you'd left us. :) But I'm so glad you haven't. I know what you mean about photography, I think it's the time of year, but you are still rocking Missy! :) Did I tell you my blog has moved? I forget...well, if not, http://bloggingwithlulu.wordpress.com :)
I love those last shots...great landscapes! I still need to send you my pictures - and do a Canada post. I am putting off proofing...not sure why! You must be so excited about your new apartment...and moving to a new city!!

Anywho, i'll probably be back later to comment :)

L. ;) Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Lovely shots, all of them. Hope all is well, and that your move goes smmmoooothly. hang in there. :o)

Stephanie said...

Well..I see LOTS of creativity happening here. :D Stick with it, you'll get your groove again. :D Good luck with the move..I have TONS of moving boxes handy ;)..just in case. :D

Lipglossiping said...

I've really missed you Ellen but guessed that you'd probably been either soopah busy/in a funk or abducted by martians.... I was kinda hoping for the latter (I was imagining the kind of pics you'd share with us from that little experience?)

Although, come to think of it... those plants look pretty alien from where I'm sitting, and also photographed incredibly beautifully! That backlighting is just soooo beautiful.

I'm jealous that you're gonna be having so many new experiences over the next few months and I wish you all the best with the move. xx

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog for the first time! I just have to say your work is great!! I really love these shots here, esp. the 3 trees...GORGEOUS!!

Tiffany said...

FANTASTIC PHOTOGRAPHS!! As always!! These are really amazing!!

Julie ( THE Queen of TyPo'S) This chic can't spell!!! said...

Fantastico! What display?

Amy (3 Peas) said...

Ellen the lighting in those 1st ones is AMAZING!!!!!!
You have such an eye- so natural :)

Good luck in your move!! Chicago is fabulous- I know you'll love it :)

What are you going to school for??

Dogeared said...

I couldn't reply earlier, as my laptop went FUBAR (I'm ready to take a hammer to it...).

I think I asked in a comment ages ago, but can't remember (and didn't see a reply - could be I just didn't see it).

Is there anything in particular you'd like for your "favourite photo of your Blog stalkers"? Or if you've say already got a lot of photos of flowers? I've narrowed it down to about a dozen, but now I'm stuck... [lol]

Tiarra - Little Faces Photography said...

Love your stuff as always. Those 3 trees are beautiful and I love the little car in that last one. You have an amazing eye. Glad to see your alright!

Jennifer said...

oh these are awesome, love the warm tones and the back lighting! That last shot is cool also!

Angela said...

WOW WOW WOW! Breathtaking,simply breathtaking!

willowonthewater.com said...

Beautiful light in the backyard shots. Hope your move goes smoothly. Looking forward to your next update. Welcome to the States!

Christie said...

Ellen, the flowers in the light are really amazing! I don't have the creativity to shoot stuff like this. Seriously, that light...

I LOVE those 3 trees. So inspiring. I struggle so much with non people shots. Here I am in the freaking forest with canyons and trees and winding roads everywhere. You would think I could do some nature shots, but no... lol

You're really moving, it's so exciting!