Monday, July 30, 2007

My weekend
Hi everyone! Sorry I've been away from blogging for a few days, I spent the weekend babysitting and didn't have much internet access. What a fun weekend we had! My best friend and I spent 3 days with these little guys, our favourite kids to babysit. They're so full of character and always making us laugh. And they slept for 12 hours every night! :)

All except the apples with the 30mm 1.4.. I hadn't been too happy with it lately, but I think I'm liking it again.

Here's P chillin' on a chair in the kitchen. Isn't she just so precious?

Don't you love early morning kids? Here are the twins in our bed after they woke up.. Lazy and sweet...

And here's our fun lunch on Saturday.. It all started with a request to stir the macaroni, and.. well.. Let's just say cleanup took a *while* but it was worth it lol...

Here's the pouring of the cheese sauce/mixing (major colour issues here I know, I'll deal with it sometime) - Click to make bigger!

The the eating:

Then we put them to work. (Joking! E, the oldest, went and got the broom all by herself. Then spread the macaroni residue all over the kitchen with it lol)

Apples on the tree in my backyard. Canadian apples for you, Lulu.

Thanks for visiting, and thanks for the photos you've sent! I love them all, keep them coming :)

16 comments:

aboutimage said...

Wow, 12 hours of sleep a night...that must feel great!

Great pics! Looks like fun. The clean up pics are sooo cute!

Christie said...

oh, ellen, i am hating my bloglines. it showed your blog as having 0 new entries! glad i checked myself.

anyway, these are beautiful. i especially love the storyboard. i think your color looks great too! do you create your own or use a template for storyboards?

also, i wish i could hire you as a babysitter. you would take good care of my kids AND photograph them to boot. lol

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Cute kiddos too. Love the story boards.

Jennifer said...

Oh that must be nice to sleep. I got 3 hours last night. I really like that first pic, to sweet and innocent!

Angie Penrose said...

These are so cute Ellen! I need you to come babysitt my kids. Someone who would let them stir the macaroni? They would love you. Love #1 and 2 and your story boards are adorable. Do you use a template or do you make your own? I need to figure out how to do those.

Tiarra - Little Faces Photography said...

You know I love them all!

Amy (3 Peas) said...

These are great Ellen- I love all the ones revolving around cooking mac+cheese- great angles and composition! LOVE the clean up ones esp :)

sherri said...

Your work is inspiring and gorgeous! The first two took my breath away. ;)

~S
slsphotography.blogspot.com

Lipglossiping said...

mmm... macaroni cheese, reading blogs shouldn't make me hungry!

Love the pics and it looks like you had fun (albeit messy fun!) Your storyboards are too cute :)

Stephanie said...

Where were you when I needed a babysitter?! Sheesh! You're the coolest babysitter ever!
What a great, fun post about something that is so in your life. Wow!

Anonymous said...

i just found your blog and i LOVE your pictures! the cuban ones are so amazing! i'll add u to my favs!

Donita said...

Wish my little one would sleep that well! : ) Love the mac and cheese ones and the apple shot. Great!

Ladybug Ann said...

Hi Ellen,
Thanks for stopping by my blog :) You take gorgeous pictures. Those kids are so cute.

Jennifer said...

Hey girl you got a creative award from me! Check out my blog for details.!

Ellen said...

Thanks guys! It was a fun weekend.

Jenna - Thanks girl! Yeah the sleep was nice. Although we didn't get to bed as early as we should have lol.

Christie - The same thing happens for me with your blog! It never says you have a new post. I made the storyboards myself, just sized the pics for web and created a new document the width of the 3 photos with 50 pixels (or something, not quite sure on that) added for the space between the pics. Then I went to canvas size and added the space around all the photos, the same size as the space between the pics. Very simple!

Rebecca - Thanks! And thanks for stopping by :)

Jennifer - thanks! I love that one too, she's soo cute.

Angie - Thanks! Haha I love doing fun stuff with the kids when I babysit, it makes it fun for everyone. Check out my comment above to Christie on how to make the storyboards!

Tiarra - Thanks for always stopping by!

Amy - Thanks.. I love putting these together.

Sherri - Thank you. Those are my favourites too :)

Lottie - Thanks lady. It was fun, and yeah, looking at them makes me hungry too. Come to Canada and we'll make macaroni together.

Jinksee (I still don't know your real name, how lame is that?) - thanks! Yeah this is my real life. And I love babysitting!

Jen - Thank you! I will definitely check out your blog, hope you come back!

Donita - Thanks!

Ann (I hope that's your name) - Thanks for stopping by, and for your comments!

And Jennifer, thanks again for choosing me :)

Lulu said...

These are so wonderful. You are taking off like a rocket, girl!