Monday, July 16, 2007

Havana's bringing sexy back
If you asked me my favourite city in the world, I'd say Havana with no hesitation. It's so beautiful, complex, and just plain awesome that there's really no other choice (for me). The Cuban people are blessed with beauty in a huge way. I see more good-looking men and gorgeous women in a day there than I see here all year. While I don't go there looking for love, and don't really see a Cuban husband in my future, it's very difficult not to spend hours trying to figure out how to make it work... Trust me ladies, they're hot. Ironically though, I don't have many pictures of this hotness to show you. But these next 2 somewhat show what I'm talking about..

Check out the muscles in this shot:


The men in Cuba are lucky too:


I also love the outdoor displays of books for sale in Cuba. They're so rich with history and culture, and reading is just a favourite activity of mine anyway (yes, my mom's a librarian so I come by it honestly).. I think books are so beautiful, but they're hidden away so often here that I loved photographing them outside for once.




The men selling the books. And reading. I love a man who reads...



A dog near the books.. I think this is one of my favourite Cuba shots of all... There's just something about him.. Although when he tried to come closer I ran away ;)


This man was in a square near where the books were being sold.. I just liked this one, so I added it. And I need to finish with these Cuba posts at some point.


Thanks for reading and looking.. Sorry for flooding the blog with millions of Cuba posts, but honestly I have *nothing* else to show you right now, and I need to motivation to go through these so I can also prepare them for print.. I'm making an album and also planning some kind of display for my new apartment!

18 comments:

Angie Penrose said...

These are amazing Ellen! You got so many great shots while on your trip. I would have ran if that dog was coming closer to me too! Yikes! :)

Tiffany said...

One day, I'll go there, they said that they have the most gorgeous resorts!!!

I love your style, Ellen, photojournalism is the road I want to take and this one just inspires me.

Love all the captures...bring the Cuba pictures in!!!! I love looking at it, you're lucky you can go there.

Tiffany said...

Show us the pics that you are going to hang on the wall so we will feel involved in the picking!!! =) LOL!!! TFS!!!

Love the backlight, BTW...the muscles are well defined, great job!

Tiffany said...

Ellen~ These Cuba shots are all so amazing! I do not think I have a favorite because each is so different and tells a different story~ It is so great how you have captured so much of a place! Thank you so much for sharing these!! I'm sure none of us mind that you continue to post Cuba shots! They are Fantastic!

Meghan said...

I love LOVE those first two shots.

I, too, love a man who reads. So damn sexy.

And, please keep flooding. I'm in heaven when I come to your blog and there are new piccys to look at.

Kayte said...

I love in the first picture how the muscles blend into the contours of the waves, verrrry sexxyback

Lipglossiping said...

You do the whole street photography thing so well Ellen, I'm insanely jealous! I find it such a challenge to find the beauty/interestingness in an everyday scene and you do it just brilliantly.

And I want MORE Cuba shots pls!

Cyndi said...

I don't think you've reached that point of being done sharing the Cuba pics, yet. =) (At least I hope not because I'm really enjoying them!)

I agree that you have a great eye for street photography. Your photographs are so interesting. I love looking at them.

Oh, and that first one is great! I love the line of his arms and hands against the lines of the water. Really cool.

Jennifer said...

I have been in ahhhh ever since you came back and still am, these are all so amazing, WOW!!! OH and I forgot to metion I love the music too!

Stephanie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! :D Glad you had a blast there..reading..and 'sight-seeing'. :D

Christie said...

i agree, these cuba pics are SO awesome. you just rock the pj style. i just realized YOU ran from the dog, not the other way around. lol

i read this post yesterday, i think it was but i couldn't sign into my blogger account and was too frustrated to keep trying. i loved going through them again.

Lulu said...

You do make me laugh, Ellen...loved these stories. I can imagine you marrying a Cuban man for some reason. =)

Love these...and those books, they should put them on display like that here! Love it!

Having a display of all these in your home sounds wonderful...absolutely wonderful.

Dogeared said...

I've been loving your Cuba posts, the photos are fantastic, ad the descriptions/intros too. As someone else said, you do the street photography/photo journalism very well, I wish I were that good.

I can understand wanting to make a photobook, these photos (in all the Cuba posts) just scream to be viewed as glossies in a book!

Thanks for sharing, as always.

In-Focus said...

I've really enjoyed seeing all your shots from Cuba...it's a place I doubt I will ever see in person. You have done a great job of capturing some of the culture.

Tiffany said...

Ellen, we have a new assignment, make sure you show yours...LOL!!! I'm like your classmate in school who just called you...

See you at the board!

Katie said...

These are sooo awesome Ellen! I really love the first two. Don't be sorry either. I love all the Cuba posts! :)

willowonthewater.com said...

Don't apologize! I am loving all these Cuba shots. You have a great eye for the photojournalistic style. Your photos are transporting me and I hope you'll post even more.

Amy (3 Peas) said...

just beautiful Ellen