Sunday, July 15, 2007

Cuba: Kids
I'm taking a first aid/CPR course this weekend and am so looking forward to just collapsing into bed. Don't you love sleeping when you're tired? I think it's my favourite thing ever. Anyway, I had this whole other post planned for today, but it will have to wait. For now here are some pictures of cute kids in Cuba.. Oh and a bird. Almost all with the 85mm, I'll try to post settings tomorrow. I don't know most of these people, but I always asked the parents if it was ok.

These first 3 should really be a storyboard I guess, but I didn't get around to it. These boys were fascinated with the birds and puppies for sale. I love how one is grabbing the other's arm, so sweet.





This guy stopped me in the street and asked me to take his picture with his sandwich he was eating. It was a crowded street so I couldn't get back far enough to catch the sandwich, but I love his expression.

I love this outfit.. I think i'll try it out tomorrow ;)

These bycycle (bici) taxi's are very popular in Cuba, we take them all over the place.

Check out the legs on this 2 year old.. I'm so jealous.

This boy asked to have his photo taken when he saw the camera.. I love his serious look..

Sons of a friend.. Kristin actually took this, in AV mode. Loving their eyes here, and the oh so joyful expressions.

Street shot.

A special little baby, our friend's new nephew Dayson.

Baby at outdoor concert.

In the streets of old Havana.. We always tease Helen that this is her boyfriend :)

11 comments:

Amy (3 Peas) said...

These are great Ellen! I particularly like the street shot photo.

Jennifer said...

WOW these are amazing your views on life is purely beautiful! I love your style and your view so amazing! These are all awesome!

Julie ( THE Queen of TyPo'S) This chic can't spell!!! said...

Catching up on all your pictures. WOW you are great at capturing real life. Amazing stuff, keep up the great work!

Angie Penrose said...

Love your style and color in these. Again it looks like you had a great time!

aboutimage said...

Oh my that's a tiny skirt for a year old :0

Great pics!

Hope you're having fun on course

Meghan said...

Love #5. If you do try that outfit, someone'd better take a picture!

Also, Dayson is beautiful... and what a great expression in that shot.

(PS - I have a question for you. I'm not sure what e-mail is best to write you at, so e-mail me at megtfee at gmail dot com, and I'll write you back!)

Rebekah said...

Ellen, your portraits are amazing! I love #4, #8, and the baby at the outdoor concert! I hope your course goes well - mine was an awesome experience and I don't regret it. Also, I loooove that puppy and now I want it!!

m.e. said...

Hi, Ellen! It's so good to have you back. I have been a bit absent from blog land these days, but I just wanted to check in and say that all of your Cuba photos are fabulous. They are full of life. You are really a gifted photographer!

Anonymous said...

awesome shots! all of them. they're so journalistic :o)

love love that 'outfit' ...looks cool & comfy ;o)

Christie said...

once again, your music is just perfect with these shots. love all the BOYS in these shots. i almost feel like i'm walking around these streets with you.

Tanya said...

I Miss CUba!!!LOL
awesome work Ellenas usual. I feel like I am right there ...
Oh, and I would love to send you a pic for your room display. Let me know if there is something special you woul like me to photograph here in Montreal...
This is such a cool idea!