Sunday, May 27, 2007

Tagged again
I was tagged again, this time by Lottie. I have to admit this is somewhat of a wimpy post, no photos today! I've had such a busy week preparing for an upcoming conference that I haven't had much/any time for photos. Suuucks. I'm away from tomorrow morning until Saturday night in the exciting city of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Prairies, here I come! I'm bringing my camera (which I'm completely disgusted by, btw.. the sensor is soooo dusty!) and new lenses, so hopefully I'll get some cool shots.

Until then, here are my answers to the tag!

4 of my favourite jobs:
- Babysitting. I love watching the kids grow up, and it gives me time to express my inner child! Lol. I always feel sad when I've gone a few days without any kids around. Keeps me young and cheerful!
- Teaching Sunday school. More kids I've seen grow up.. They're all off to university now and I'm so proud of them. We're having our last dinner as a group tonight, bittersweet times!
- All my speech volunteer work. I LOVE the kids and adults that I've volunteered with over the past couple of years. This has been my main "work" for a while, 25 hours/week while I was in school. I loved it so much, and encourage everyone to volunteer!
- Hmm. Grasping at straws here. I'll post my least favourite job I think.. Grocery store clerk! I did that for one day! The customers were sooo rude, and the coworkers shunned me because I don't smoke. I'm sure it could have gotten better, but I decided to nanny for the summer instead. That was a good decision (and much better pay!)

4 favourite local places:
- The park. It's so fun with kids, and for biking on my own, and for romantic walks (not that I have anyone to go on those with, but that's a whole other post!), and other park-ish things. Love it.
- Restaurants. I can't choose one because I just love to go out to eat in general. But if anyone's ever in Toronto I can definitely help you out :)
- Downtown. I really love downtown Toronto... From Chinatown to Little Italy to Little India, from the Eaton Centre to Queen Street to Yorkville, it's all so vibrant and fun. Just walking around and enjoying it is one of the best parts of summer.
- Public transit! Ok, maybe a crazy answer. And it might not qualify as a place. But I think it does. That's where I do my thinking, and finish my assignments at the last minute. It's where I listen to music and overhear interesting conversations. It's where I wake up in the morning for real. I really love it, and I'm so glad it exists :)

4 favourite foods (it's a really really hard thing for me to choose only 4!):
- Cheese. I love flaming Greek cheese, crumbly English cheese, Canadian cheese curds, italian cheese, old cheese, fresh cheese, almost any kind of cheese. I'm not a big fan of cream cheese though!
- Anything with peanut sauce. I make a really good peanut noodle salad. It's a bit spicy, good for you, and totally yummy. I also love fresh vegetable rolls with peanut sauce. Mmmm.
- Most spicy things. Like many Indian dishes, and Thai dishes, and Chinese, and my mom's cooking...
- Pickles. There's simply no substitute for a juicy, garlicky, cold pickle.

4 favourite international places:
- Cuba. Cuba Cuba Cuba Cuba. Have I said that enough? I love it. I'm going soon and you'll see the pictures. I stay with friends in the heart of Havana, just living the life for a few weeks. It's my favourite time ever, and I'm always an emotional mess when I get back. The friendships I have there are amazing and it's a beautiful country. Enough said :)
- Spain. I've only been once, but I really loved it and would be happy to go back someday. Especially to the south of Spain.
- Costa Rica. It's such a beautiful place, so rich in nature and culture. I spent 2 summers there studying and would love to go back someday.
- Australia. I have family there and have been a few times. Even after seeing far too many snakes and spiders and SHARKS (chasing me!) I still think it's beautiful. There's nowhere like it on Earth, and the range of experiences you can have there is amazing.

I'm not going to tag anyone else at this point, I need to run and pack! Angie I'll do your tag when I get home! :)

I've been really out of it on blogs lately, so please forgive the lack of comments. I'll be back in the swing of things soon!

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great favorites list. Have fun and can't wait to see some pics.

Angela said...

Wow, great lists!

Tanya said...

Awesome list!
Im looking forward in sharing stories about Cuba. I so loved it. You are so lucky to be going for 3 weeks!!!
I was there for 2 and it felt like the entire world stopped.
The people were fantastic. I travelled alot and visited schools, hospitals, locals home and many. other things.We travelled from Holguin, Guardalavaqua, Santa Lucia and Camawuaey. Unfortunately a little too far from Havana.
Your rock Ellen!

Lulu said...

*cough, cough*..I tagged you on this one too! :P

:)Loved your answers though! :P Especially the one about public transport...such a cool take on it!I dread the crammed bus in the morning but I think I'll look forward to it more often now! TY!

Cheese also rocks! :) Haloumi cheese, you must try. It's Greek and best grilled. It's normally next to the feta cheese in the supermarket. But, yuck, pickles and peanuts?!?! Ugh!!!

Have fun in Cuba, Miss E! I'll miss you!

Lipglossiping said...

I really enjoyed reading your answers and mmm to spicy and yay to Australia! Oh, and have fun while you're away and get your sensor cleaned lady!

aboutimage said...

I've noticed you gone :( Hope all is well :)

Public transit??? Well, that's good you like it. I never did when I was living in TO. Although I would rather go that way then drive in the streets -- scary!

Angie Penrose said...

I bet you are one of the funnest people to hang out with!! I don't know if I could do the public transit thing though. I'm to wimpy. :) Can't wait to see your upcoming photos! Take care!

Tiarra - Little Faces Photography said...

WOW, you have been to a ton of places! I sure hope I can go to all of them someday! Great lists!

m.e. said...

Hey, Ellen! Just dropping by to say hi and that I'm sorry I never did the blog you tagged me for ;-( I, too, have been swamped with mommy and household duties, among other things! Good look with your conference, and I'll check back in soon.

Meghan said...

Dude.

You were chased by a real live shark?

Did you take pictures?

Rebekah said...

Hey Ellen! I hope you're having an awesome time in Cuba. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures when you get back. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I loved Cuba, wonderful people! Have fun.
Great blog, really made me laugh in occasions!

Anonymous said...

187w2q111

Here is my web blog :: electric toothbrush