Monday, May 7, 2007

Framed
I found the most awesome frame at the side of the road yesterday, so I took it out into the garden for some photos today. It's big, and I looked ridiculous carrying it on the subway, but I totally love it.

Here's my lovely doll (with the eternal bad hair day) posing with the frame:

This pink bush (does anyone know what it's called?) was my very favourite part of our garden when I was little. It's only in bloom for about 2 days a year, so I went a little overboard trying to capture it. I'm sad I don't have a macro lens yet though... My P&S would actually do a good job, but a friend borrowed it. How inconvenient.


Notice the ant:

And these, I really really love these. I hung the frame up high in a tree, and then hung this cute little outfit inside. I took so many of these, but I'm on my way out. So you may see more later in the week! The blue sky is fake in this one, can you tell?



The back of the outfit... Aren't the ruffles sweet? Ignore the background :)

Look at this blue, blue sky. This is basically SOOC, from a few minutes before I started with the frame.

13 comments:

m.e. said...

Oh my, I can't believe the sky was that blue!!! All of these shots are wonderful! You always have such creative ideas ;-) Love the first one of the outfit hanging from the frame. Boy, I find myself wanting a macro these days, too!

Angie Penrose said...

What fun shots! I have got to get myself a frame! How lucky to find it on the side of the road. :)

Jennifer said...

You are so creative, I love to see your view on things! The frame with the flowers rock! That outfit is too cute! I love to read your post, love the song too!

aboutimage said...

great find :)

Love what you did with it. You sure get pretty creative. I love the hanging outfit

Lipglossiping said...

You are so creative Ellen.. I try so hard to think outside the box.
I love the flower ones.
Thanks for inspiring me today :)

Meghan said...

Oh, the first one of the frame in the tree is spectacular.

Also, love the blue sky pic. I'd hang that on my wall.

Lulu said...

Oh Miss Ellen...you amaze me every time! I love these...what a cool cool frame! love the ones of it with the rosebush, so so fun! :) great soft tones too.

I think the outfit is really cute as well, and what a great idea to hang it from the frame. SO creative. :)

Julie ( THE Queen of TyPo'S) This chic can't spell!!! said...

First, tha last shot is amazing, especially for sooc. What a great frame, I can just picture you draggin it around town lol. So creative!

Stephanie said...

Well, this is a great idea! I like these shots a LOT! :D Great colors, and even that little ant is cute..

Angela said...

Awesome frame! I collect old frams too! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 5th shot!!!!!

Amy (3 Peas) said...

Very nice shots! That's a cool frame! LOVE that 3rd shot of your pink flowers :)

Ellen said...

Thanks guys! I'm so happy to have your support.. I know my subjects probably aren't all that interesting to most of you, but without you I wouldn't be able to keep going. So thank you, seriously!

Christie said...

so funny! i wish we could see a picture of you on the subway with your frame, lol.

what creative ideas. the flowers are lovely and i love the doll with the bad hair.