Thursday, March 1, 2007

Sooo, it's been a while. I've been really busy with school (and shouldn't be posting now, I have my stats midterm on Saturday morning!)... But, I can't leave Pedro at the top of the page forever. One of my favourite food blogs is 28 Cooks, and I love trying recipes from there because they're always amazing. When I saw black bean pie on there, I knew I had to try it. I'm only one person though, and most people I know wouldn't be caught dead eating something "weird" like this. So I knew I couldn't make a whole huge pie, it would go to waste. So, after a few days of figuring out what to do, I came up with a plan. I made a batch of flaky cream cheese pie crust, and while it was chilling in the fridge I made the pie filling. Greased up a muffin tin, rolled out the crust dough, and cut it to fit overflowing in the muffin holes (can't think of a better word... spaces?) I mixed the filling with the cheese, filled the spaces with the bean/cheese mixture, and pulled the excess crust up over the top. They look something like apple strudels, and OMG they're good. I ate a couple (ok, 4) and froze the rest. They reheat really nicely in the microwave or in the oven. I had some leftover filling, so I warmed it and put it on a roll as a sandwich. That was amazing too! I love this stuff! I even converted the vegetarian-food-haters that I live with, they love these little pies too. Try it, you won't be disappointed!


2 comments:

Fiber said...

Wow - these look awesome! I love the idea of making mini ones.
Great picture!

Cyndi said...

Oooh. That looks sooo good. I'm going to have to try that! =D