Thursday, March 29, 2007

Funnnn
I took my camera to school yesterday.. I don't know why, I just grabbed it on the way out. 250 photos and many laughing-until-crying moments later, I'm so glad I did! My friend Jen and I got out in the sun and found a really cool tree. We tried some Anne Geddes baby poses (didn't go so well. Maybe because we're not babies? I may post some of those another time if I get brave lol), practiced our climbing skills, and Jen did an *awesome* faceplant into the ground below. I completely failed that moment though, I didn't get a picture or catch her! Ugh. She didn't like the idea of recreating it though. Too bad. We went to the tree twice, once around 3pm in full sun, and again around 6:30 right before sunset. The lighting wasn't great either time, and there are harsh shadows and distracting things in the background. But I totally don't care, I really love these. I wish I'd had my 30mm with me though, it's sharper and I needed the wider angle. CC on how to do better next time would be great though!

I hope you like these are much as I do. Jen is an awesome subject, and sooo much fun, so hopefully you'll be seeing lots more of her :) And she didn't do too bad with the camera herself, I'm actually including a picture of myself in here! Yikes.. At least now you'll be able to imagine me. Thanks Jen!!!

Sorry for the obnoxious watermark. I've decided with recent events that it's better to be safe than sorry...







10 comments:

sherry boles~ said...

Looks like fun!
I especially like the first one. The laughter was a wonderful capture!

Christie said...

i dont' mind the watermark. you have yours placed tastefully.

the laughter in #1 is my fave too. i love real shots like this.

LOL about anne geddes. :)

Lulu said...

I loooove your lighting and DOF! These are such fun shots, Ellen! love you1 my faves are 2 and 3. :)

Angela said...

How fun! Really great captures! The laughter in #1 is so real and beautiful. and I love the comp, lighting and pose in #2. Cool tree!

A Thousand Words Photography said...

Love #1. You have so much fun with your photography; it's contagious!

Amy (3 Peas) said...

I love the one with her arms in a circle over her head :)

aboutimage said...

Sounds like a good time :)

I love the first image - so natural and beautiful

Jennifer said...

great pictures looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Ellen said...

Thanks to all of you! I think the first is my favourite too, I keep coming back to it. I'm so glad I have these pictures, every time I look at them I laugh!

Thanks for commenting!

Anonymous said...

Good words.