Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Live from Chicago
Hi everyone! I know I've been away for far too long. I've been so busy that I really haven't even picked up my camera.. And I guess I don't really know what/where to shoot right now, so I don't have much to show for my.. two? three? weeks. However long it's been..

I love my apartment, I really do. I think it was a good decision to get one on my own, I don't think I would have been as happy living with random people.. I'm with people I don't know all day, so it's nice to be able to come home and have some time to myself. Except for the part that I live in fear every night because these little ****ers are crawling all over my walls! It's so scary and gross.. Some of them are the size of my middle finger! I sleep with the light on and have a shoe near me for crushing at all times. I think it's starting to improve though.. Maybe they're getting the message that I'm a serious killing machine! Haha. Hmm, what else? Oh, there's some really nice construction going on near my apartment right now, so I'm woken up every morning to the lovely sound of a wrecking ball. It's great! Built-in alarm clock :)


Here are a few photos of my new place.. It's looking a bit more organized now, but I still have work to do. I did finally order a couch though! So I'll have to clean up the living room soon so they can deliver it.

Nice and serene, my bed:


Aaand the not so serene part of my bedroom:


Eat-in area of the kitchen:


The rest of the kitchen:


And the dreaded living room:


It really is very spacious though, I like it a lot.

Oh I got a new roommate! Here's Carol.. She's very quiet :)


The other living things in my apartment right now:

(Think I can eat these?)

My new collection of spices, from an awesome store that grinds them fresh every week:




And one last pic from my last days in Toronto, just for fun!


I did take some pics at the beach the other morning, so I'll post those within the next couple of days. Otherwise, I'll probably be posting about once a week for a while.. School is crazy and I need to get back into the swing of things. And I haven't been to any other blogs in weeks, but I will make the rounds as soon as I have the chance.

Thanks for visiting if you're reading this! I really do appreciate it and I've missed finding out what's going on with all of you. Talk soon!

14 comments:

Donita said...

Great to have you back! Welcome to Chicago ;)

aboutimage said...

Hey, I see a lot of Ikea stuff! very nice. Your bed looks comfy :)

...and cute roomate!

aboutimage said...

Oh, and Toronto misses you :(

Stephanie said...

First of all...I have missed hearing about your life. How crazy is that!? We get addicted to these blogs and well..I miss it. :D
Secondly..love your place. Glad you're starting to settle in with probably the best roomate you'll ever have. :D
Third...um..no. Sorry. I don't do bugs. Spiders, ants, earwigs, or in your case...freaky centipedes. I think I'll pass. :D Good luck with them..

Jennifer said...

Hey girl, missed you! Love your new place! Ibet it feels great to be on your own huh? Oh you'll settle in and definately gets better! It just takes a little bit to get into your own groove! Girl these are awesome shots still, you haven't lost it! I love the spices in those little jars those would make a great shelf display or countertop display for your kitchen!

Dogeared said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwww to the bugs! *shudder*

Glad to see you've moved in OK, I was wondering! Look forward to more updates and photos :D

Megan said...

Ellen..I've missed you! so glad to hear you're doing well, and your new place looks fab! Sorry, to hear about your little "visitors"..go and buy a "bug bomb" set if off..leave the house for the day..and those suckers should be gone for good! Good Luck..

sherry boles~ said...

Looks like you are enjoying Chicago! :)
Your images are a wonderful peek into your life there! (By the way, I really like your roommate!!)

~Stacey said...

I *love* your kitchen, how cool!

Meghan said...

I'm cracking up that you named your beta fish Carol.

Amy (3 Peas) said...

LOVE the new roomate- great name too :)
Hope you are settling in well! Where abouts are you in Chicago?

Angie Penrose said...

Ellen!! I'm so glad you're still out there! I've missed you. I'm so glad you are doing well in chicago. Its such a fun town. Love your apartment! That bug though gives me the shivers!! Yikes!

Tiarra - Little Faces Photography said...

Your photos always amaze me! Its so great to see you back! I am glad you like your apartment. Can't wait to see when you get your photo collage up. I am sure that will be a neat addition.

Anonymous said...

Love the new place. All the detail shots are fabulous! :o)Great new roomate too!