Friday, November 2, 2007

A real subject!
Woohoo! I actually had a real person agree to some pictures today. It was like Christmas morning! Lol. We only spent about 5 minutes since we were on our way out, but still. It's something. As soon as Nikki showed up at my house with this blue sweater on, I knew some photos were in order. Aren't her eyes beautiful? They look so awesome with the sweater and her hair.. So gorgeous!

I was definitely a little rusty with these.. I've hardly shot adults period, and none at all for a few months. So I had a hard time telling her how to stand. I also had some trouble focusing, not sure why.. The full-body shots were way soft, and the ones I tried up against the brick were messed up as well. But I got a few that I like, and it felt really good to be processing photos of a person! Yesterday I was considering posting a blog retirement announcement, but I think I'll keep it going for now. I'm sorry I can't visit your blogs as much as I'd like to.. Grad school is crazy! But if any of you with kids ever have any questions about speech/language development, please feel free to ask me :)

Thanks for looking! CC is welcome. I posted some of these on ILP but haven't gotten any responses, so if you have any thoughts please let me know!

All with my 85mm 1.8 at f/2.2, ISO 100 and shutters around 1/125 - 1/200.



(Super soft!)



And one of me, courtesy of Nikki! I got the shot set up for her then we switched spots!

15 comments:

Julie ( THE Queen of TyPo'S) This chic can't spell!!! said...

Aww, great shots. Glad you got a willing subject. Retire YAY right!!! You are way too much fun, and besides I need to live vicariously though your youthful, adventurous exsistance!

Anonymous said...

Oh look at you, you look like you really got into it! You really seem comfortable in front and behind the camera!

And Nikki is beautiful, thats awesome that you got to take some great shots of her!

Dogeared said...

I know you only know me through comments I leave here, but from an anonymous stranger - I'd be sad if you retired your Blog :-(

Christie said...

ellen, these are great!!! the ones you say are soft, i can't really tell websized but you definitely haven't lost your talent so don't you give up!!! i would cry if you retired. your posing is good and the lighting is awesome.

i think my favorite of her is the first. the windblown hair, natural smile, it's all awesome!

and YOU, you are so pretty!!! i smiled so big when i saw your picture. it sounds so lame but you are looking so beautiful and mature, ellen. grad school is doing wonderful things for you. that jacket looks awesome and your hair could stop traffic.

and i seriously just might send you an email. i have a son with some speech issues along with other things.

Stephanie said...

Both of you are STUNNING! :D Love these photos! :D

aboutimage said...

Wow, the 85mm 1.8! Lucky you! I love that lens but do not own it.

The pixs are all beautiful...including you! Nice hair!

Angie Penrose said...

Hi Ellen! How are you? Love these pics. Your posing is great. And look at your cute SP! Love it! Amerias Next Top Model!! :)

Donita said...

Ellen! So glad you are trying LIVE subjects (or human, I should say). Since my daugher was born 2.5 yrs ago, I am obsessed with taking kid pictures - but man is it hard- they don't sit still for nothin'! You are welcome to travel the 2.5 hrs down here to take pics of Sarah anytime you want..heehee. Love the pics!

Meghan said...

Oh no, please don't even think about retiring your blog. Silly girl.

I love the last picture of Nikki. The light behind her hair is just stunning. Also, you look gorgeous... as always. Chicago looks good on you.

Amy (3 Peas) said...

Glad to see you posting again!! I hope Chicago is treating you well!

sherry boles~ said...

Yeah for a willing subject! :)
The second one is my favorite...but they are all good!
You are pretty...You could be in front of the camera as well as behind it.

Angela said...

You are so pretty, Ellen!!! I really like all of these shots. Love the urban location.

Tiarra - Little Faces Photography said...

These are great! You better not retire, then no one will visit my blog! Great subject and it is nice to see some people pictures though you are the most creative person I know who takes pictures of everything. Can't wait to see more!

jj said...

I love the wind blown hair, nice pics :)

sherri said...

Hey! Hi ellen! *waving* It's you!! These are all gorgeous, but the real treat was "meeting" you!