Saturday, July 12, 2008

Viva Cuba!

So I got back from a week in Cuba at the end of June, then had to move right after I got back and put my things in storage for a month, so I haven't had a chance to even look at most of the photos I took there. But I did manage to get a few before that! So here they are, just some randoms from the trip. I'll post more in early August when I have my computer back!

I really wanted to try and get some good photos of my friends in Cuba this trip; the only good place in their house for pictures is on their tiny balcony/patio, where I can hardly back up enough to get 1 face in the picture! But I did get these of Helen and Dixia, which I'm happy with (all technical issues aside):



I also forced Kristin, the friend I go to Cuba with, to pose for me much more often than she would have liked.. Here are a couple of those:

At our friends' mother-in-law's house:




A police officer friend:


At a home ec picnic day at Helen's school:


Delivering rice:


Playing dominoes:


That's all for now.. Whew, finally got a post up here! Hope everyone's having a great summer!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey girl, you went to cuba again? that's awesome! you still have your same enviable knack for street photography, ellen!!! these are just amazing, something i would be seeing in LIFE magazine or something.

my faves are 4 and 5. i would love to see some different post processing just for kicks. your natural pp is GREAT, i'm not meaning this as CC at ALL. they're just so good that i would love to see them played with some more. great color!

take care of yourself. so HAPPY to see you blogging. *hugs*

Angie Penrose said...

Hey Ellen! How are ya? Your pictures are GORGEOUS as always! You always capture things perfectly. Looks like you are having a great summer! :)

and hiii to you too!

Stephanie said...

Ellen, Ellen, bo-bellen. How are you!? From the looks of your photos, I'd say you're doing pretty well. Great, GREAT photos. I love the feeling from these. How much fun was Cuba!? Can't wait to see more, girl. :D

Jennifer said...

girl these are absolutely amazing. I absolutely love looking at your street photography, it just wows me everytime I see it!

Dogeared said...

Woohoo, new post! And even more woohoo-some, because you have Cuba photos in it I do really like your street photography, you manage to always capture the essence of the place so well. I can't wait to see more.

And the portraits are excellent - I can understand your friend's reluctance to pose (I hate having my photo taken), but tell her she is beautiful, honestly :-)

Tiarra - Little Faces Photography said...

Miss you tons girl! Glad to see some pictures! Life is a busy thing isn't it! I am so glad you are doing well and happy! Hope to talk to you again soon! Oh yeah and we are gonna have another baby in October! Another girl! Can't wait to see more pictures and I hope you stay safe!

Rebekah said...

Hey Ellen.. I have missed visiting your blog! How are you? I love these photographs! Your friend is gorgeous. I can't pick a favourite but if I did it would be the one from the home ec picnic. I love them all though - and I totally agree with Christie that they look like they belong in a magazine! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest when you get your computer back. :)

So you're in Chicago now, right? I'm on my way to the Golden Horseshoe for school next year... should be fun. Anyway, I will stop my comment from becoming incessantly long! I plan on starting a new photo blog in September... if I do I'll let you know so you can update the link. ;) Have a great summer!

Amy (3 Peas) said...

Gorgeous photos!! You should put a book together with all your trip photos :)

Good to see you back posting again! I thought of you when I was briefly in Chicago last week :)

Meghan said...

That carrying rice photo is brilliant. I hope you come back soon. I miss you and your pictures.