Wednesday, June 13, 2007

12 of 12 June: The Graduate
Today was the 12th of June, time for 12 of 12. It was also my university graduation day! How exciting. It was a really nice day spent with family and friends. The actual ceremony was long and hot, but the rest of the day more than made up for that unpleasantness.

I apologize for my recent absence (again!).. Life just seems to be getting in the way more and more lately. I promise at least one more post before I leave for Cuba on Friday, and lots of blog visits before then.

Here are the photos of the day.. I think there are only 11 here actually, I got frustrated with the colour in one and gave up lol. Still really trying to *not* underexpose. I may have overcompensated in some of these!

6:37am: I was so upset at being awake I just had to take a picture .


12:30pm: Outfitted in my gown, hood, diploma, flowers, and necklace after the ceremony:


12:45pm: The crowd milling around. The inside of this building was complete chaos with people returning gowns, getting gowns, collecting the composite picture, etc. I got out as fast as I could!


1pm: It was a really hot day today.. This family came prepared :)



1:45pm: At my post-graduation lunch party. My great uncle George, he's so full of life and has so many amazing stories. It's always fun when he's around.


2pm: My Grandma. I really like this picture of her, she looks so content. We weren't sure she'd be able to make it today, I'm glad she did.


2:30pm: Various food and drink at the party. It was a lot of fun, and very tasty. Although there was a lot of shrimp which is not my favourite lol.


3pm: My brother. I just love these shots of him. This conversion is completely different for me, let me know if you like it!


3:15pm: My cakes! Deeeeeeelicious.

4-6pm: The hammock where I took my afternoon nap after everyone left. Very relaxing and serene, except for the ants in my shoes!


5pm: My graduation necklace. Got it from a friend (thanks Jen!) on the weekend, and put it to good use today. I thought this summed up the day nicely!


Thanks for reading! CC welcome as always.


16 comments:

~Stacey said...

Congratulations graduate!! Have fun on vacation :)

Dogeared said...

Congratulations on graduating! Have you linked to this post on Chad's Blog? Chad is the creator of 12 of 12 - http://chaddarnell.typepad.com/runchadrun2/2007/06/12_of_12_20_jun_1.html

Then all thhe other 12 of 12ers can see your entry too!

Jennifer said...

Congrats to you on such a great achievement!!! So what are you going to do now?:) These are all great shots and they captured your day so very well, awesome job and what a great you had it looks like!!! I always love to look at what you have to share with us, so fun and fresh!

Stephanie said...

Congrats on graduating! :D What a cool accomplishment! :D Ok..have to say..the photo of the alarm clock..yeah..I'd be a little upset if I was waking up that early when I didn't want to...

Great photos for a great day! :D

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your comments! :D

Angie Penrose said...

Yeah Ellen!! Congrats on your graduation! Thats so exciting. These are really fun shots. You just have a way of making candids look amazing. Good luck in whatever lies ahead! Very fun 12 of 12.

m.e. said...

Congratulations, Ellen!!! What a feeling of relief and accomplishment, I'm sure! All the photos are wonderful. Looks like it was a great time, and so glad you got to share it with your family ;-) Happy Thursday!

Lulu said...

Oh Ellen!! These are wonderful. You are improving so much, every day. Each photo is better than next...2:30pm, 3:15pm, 4-6pm..wow, you should be a product photographer! Your brother looks sweet, how old is he?

And you look wonderful in all your graduation get-up...beautiful!! :) Congratulations!!! Have fun in Cuba. We'll miss you.

Danna said...

congratulations!!!

Amy (3 Peas) said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Fabulous photos- all of them! I esp love the photo of your grandmother. I do like the conversion on your bros pics too :)

Christie said...

many many CONGRATULATIONS, ellen! you look wonderful. i really like the shots of your brother. i like low contrast bw's sometimes. :)

the hammock shots are very cool too. thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog. i'm glad i'm not the only one. :)

aboutimage said...

Wow, Ellen -- GREAT IMAGES!!!

I love the shots of the hammock. Great angle.

The pics of your brother look great. Your Grandma looks beautifulin how you captured her.

aboutimage said...

....and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Miguel Angel Servellón said...

You have a page and spectacular photographies.
Congratulations

sherry boles~ said...

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!
A wonderful photo diary of your BIG day!!

Tiarra - Little Faces Photography said...

These are great! Congratulations! Have a great time in Cuba!

Meghan said...

Look at you, gorgeous graduate! Many congratulations.

I love that last shot. It makes me all nostalgic. I'm not sure why.